I admit to being a harsh and relentless critic of animal welfare. For the past 15 years or so, I have argued that because animals are property, animal welfare standards will generally only protect the interests of animals to the extent that the protection facilitates economically efficient exploitation. Animal welfare campaigns, for the most part, […]
About Gary L. Francione
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Gary L. Francione contributed a whooping 462 entries.
Entries by Gary L. Francione
The Sunday Times (UK), November 26, 2006, reports that in a BBC documentary, Peter Singer, described by The Times as “father of the modern animal rights movement” meets with Tipu Aziz, an Oxford vivisector who uses primates in his research on Parkinson’s disease. Aziz informs Singer that he induces parkinsonism in primates and claims that […]
- Two New Essays on Open Democracy
- NEW BOOK: ADVOCATE FOR ANIMALS! AN ABOLITIONIST VEGAN HANDBOOK
- Veganism: History, Contemporary Views, and Common Objections
- Guest Essay: Mercy for Animals and Cage-Free Duplicity
- Some Thoughts in Anticipation of the Podcast Discussion to Which Sivarama Swami Has Agreed
- Aeon.com Essay on the Interest Animals Have in Living
- Guest Essay: The Himsa of Milking and Cow Protectionism: A Response to Swami Sivarama
- Eating Animals: Our “Choice”?
- Daiya, Animal Testing, and the Meaning of “Vegan”
- The Crowland Chicks and Our Conventional Wisdom About Animals
Animal Kill Counter
Number of animals killed in the world by the meat, dairy and egg industries, since you opened this webpage. This does not include the billions of fish and other aquatic animals killed annually.
Get this counter at beAutomated