If you have been involved in the animal rights movement for any length of time—indeed, if you have contributed only to one animal organization in your entire life—you probably receive a seemingly endless number of fundraising solicitations. Last week, as I was sorting through all of the many opportunities being offered to me to “help […]
About Gary L. Francione
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Gary L. Francione contributed a whooping 494 entries.
Entries by Gary L. Francione
One of the questions most frequently asked of any vegan is: “what about plants?” Indeed, I do not know any vegan who has not gotten that question at least once and most of us have heard it many times. Of course, no one who asks this question really thinks that we cannot distinguish between, say, […]
I admit to being a harsh and relentless critic of animal welfare. For the past 15 years or so, I have argued that because animals are property, animal welfare standards will generally only protect the interests of animals to the extent that the protection facilitates economically efficient exploitation. Animal welfare campaigns, for the most part, […]
The Sunday Times (UK), November 26, 2006, reports that in a BBC documentary, Peter Singer, described by The Times as “father of the modern animal rights movement” meets with Tipu Aziz, an Oxford vivisector who uses primates in his research on Parkinson’s disease. Aziz informs Singer that he induces parkinsonism in primates and claims that […]
- Abortion and Animal Rights
- THE RSPCA SHOULD PROSECUTE ITSELF
- Do We Have an Obligation to Eat Animals? No.
- Kurt Zouma and All Nonvegans and Benedict Cumberbatch: Perfect Together
- The Real Reason For Interest in Plant Sentience Has Nothing to Do With Plants
- Teaching Children Not to Harm Others: Who Counts as “Another”?
- Woke Animal Rights Means No Animal Rights, Part 2: Wokeabulary
- Woke Animal Rights Means No Animal Rights, Part 1
- Surprise: U.K. Law Recognizes That Sentient Animals Are Sentient
- Is the Domestication of Animals Morally Justifiable?
Animal Kill Counter
Number of animals killed in the world by the meat, dairy and egg industries, since you opened this webpage. This does not include the billions of fish and other aquatic animals killed annually.
Get this counter at beAutomated